Thursday, September 4, 2008

Estella

hello everyone!

Judah and i have decided to name the baby, Estella. we like Stella also, it means "star". as for the middle name we are thinking about Lee, but I also really like Louise after my mother and Judah's grandmother. Estella Louise Barbee, or Estella Lee Barbee? for some reason Judah doesn't want the name Louise, but i told my mom today that i might sneak it on the birth certificate when he isn't looking....:)

At today's doctor's visit i had a complete anatomy scan where they measure the size of the baby's brain, spine, kidneys, heart, etc. to check for abnormalities. they also look at the arms and legs and fingers and toes to make sure the baby's parts are the right proportion to each other. and they also check for signs of Down Syndrome (i opted not to get the blood test, and instead they just checked her anatomy for signs). Then we had an appointment with my OB for the results, and she said each and every part was perfect and exactly the way it should be. I'm so glad they did this because it settles some of my anxieties. i had some very weird dreams lately, and watched a show on t.v about dwarfism... and that freaked me out, to say the least. but i know, for now, that she is lookin good and normal. and my favorite part was when the doctor mentioned that her legs are actually a little longer than usual, which i think is sooooo adorable. her first feature. judah is worried our long legged girl will be too gorgeous and he will have a hard time protecting her from those boys....

Lastly, we felt the baby move for the first time on Tuesday. It was really cool because i hadn't felt her yet, and i kept complaining and asking how i would know. I asked Mrs. Barbee and i described what i thought was her moving, and she said "you'll just know" and just like that, Judah was doing something on the computer and i was standing next to him and he started talked into my belly like he always does, and then, KICK! It was magical.
now she does it all the time, mostly when Judah talks to her, and he can feel it, maybe because of her strong long legs. my doctor says she will probably be a daddy's girl. we'll see about that!

7 comments:

sara jackson said...

I love the name!! It is so BEAUTIFUL!! Very eloquent. That is so cool that you have felt her move. It is a neat feeling.

MJN6 said...

So very glad that everything looks good. Love you guys. DohDoh

Summer said...

It was nice to finally meet you this past weekend. I think you should go with Lee (it's my middle name too :-) Glad everything is looking good!

One Krazy Momma said...

I love Estella Louise! Kimberly treasure every Moment. God has blessed you with a man whom I have always known would be an awesome father!

chesedb said...

So so so exciting! I can't wait to meet her... Daddy's girls run in our family so good luck with that :)

Unknown said...

So we're having a long-leggged little girl who loves to hear her daddy's voice already. She senses that there are people who love her waiting to see her face for the very first time.

ma said...

Love your Blog. Can't wait to meet another GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER. I know she will be beautiful. She is blessed already to have a Mommy and Daddy who love her so much. Keep talking to her and tell her ma LOVES HER.